The story of Spring Valley Country Club, now The Cape Club of Sharon, begins in 1959 and follows a small group of people with a vision. As Eisenhower declared Hawaii to be the 50th state, factions of three separate area clubs came together to articulate their ideas for a premier country club.
Originally designed by Geoffrey Cornish in 1959 and completed in 1961. Spring Valley underwent an extensive renovation in 2006 lead by renowned course architect Craig Schreiner. In June of 2016 Spring Valley joined The Cape Club Family and was renamed The Cape Club of Sharon on January 1, 2017. The Cape Club of Sharon has undergone a major renovation of the Grand Ballroom, featuring all new flooring, marble entry way, new foyer carpeting, beautiful hardwoods throughout the ballroom, new specialty lighting, and new exterior and interior doors that make this a perfect venue for all our deserving members and guests. Phases 2 and 3 of the renovation have begun with the addition of an expansive patio overlooking the 1st tee box, a renovation of the 18th tee box and 17th green and state of the art golf carts.